Tuesday, December 2, 2014

alt-J Album Review

First of all, I would like to commend alt-J on "This Is All Yours," their sophomore album released in the late months of 2014. If I haven't heard them before, I sure as hell have heard them now.

When I first heard alt-J on Spotify, I was intrigued but unconvinced. I don't know why. Up until then, I had only heard "Nara", "Hunger of the Pine", and "Every Other Freckle", and found that they were catchy and fit under my Indie music tastes. I saved the whole album to my music on Spotify and took a listen to a few other songs. As I kept listening to more Indie music, I found myself coming back to those three songs in particular.

Their sound is addicting as much as it is amazing. I haven't heard of them until recently, and holy cow, their music is raw. They speak to you even if you don't know it yet. I think I'll be an alt-J fan for a very long time.

Second of all, I can never understand the lyrics or what they're saying half the time; but, for all I care, this whole album could be instrumental and still sound good. I'd still buy it. It's not until you look up the lyrics that a whole new meaning is unveiled, and you begin to understand the depth of the lyrics even if you don't think you do. There's something relatable for everyone.

Click the link below if you don't believe me...

No comments:

Post a Comment