Saturday, December 14, 2013

Far Away

Sometimes, I just want to be in a different place, just to escape all the madness of the city. Even though I love it so much, it is reality in its truest form. I would love to spend a week in a place where the air is crisp and fresh, like Bend, OR. I fell in love with the substance of the city when I visited briefly over Thanksgiving break; I think I plan on moving there spontaneously at some point in my life. It would be really fun. There's a Barnes & Noble there, too; I would go there every day, like I do here.

One thing I've noticed is how big cities are looked at. Take Los Angeles for an example; it's a huge city, but that's not what everyone focuses on. They all like to point out L.A.'s bad side and the negatives of living in such an enormous city, such as the smog and the crime, etc. I always try to look at the brighter side of things when the general public thinks otherwise. I think one of the advantages of living in a big city is that you'd never get bored. There's always something to look at, to memorize. I think people take that for granted. They never enjoy the real beauty of L.A., like the palm trees and the sunshine. There are, of course, people that do, but whenever living in a big city comes up, there is always a negative side comment. Explain to me why thousands of people live there, then. I view big cities as huge opportunities to expand your abilities and skills, to hone them into something extraordinary. I would love to live in L.A. even if just for a month or so.

My favorite part about life is that we can travel wherever we want to; except the cost of traveling and schedules holds us back. I want to travel as much as I can when I am able to; if I'm going to live on this planet, I want to be able to see it. Who knows what the future keeps? Anything could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment