Saturday, January 18, 2014

School and Society

School and society are a horrible mix. I've been exposed to multiple "needs" and "priorities" and "necessities" that all the schools I've attended almost require, seemingly to no end. In reality, I have great grades. I work my ass off for them, sometimes more than I need to. I truly feel like, at this point in my life, I don't need to put so much effort into something I've already achieved.

I'm definitely taking some time off after I graduate. I want to differentiate between colleges and what route I want to take for my career, work, and (possibly) college. I would also love to utilize the time to pamper myself, to relax and not have to worry about homework and projects and drama... Right now, I'm worrying about homework. How can I not? I have two projects hanging over my head. I honestly think that homework should be banned. The day ends (at least for us) at 3:10. When we go home, as do teachers, they don't want to have to think about what they have to get done and waste an hour of their time frustratingly writing down answers to something they could learn the next day. I hate everything about homework. When the school day ends, the rest of the time is supposed to be open to the students and the teachers. I had a teacher who saw it that way, and rarely gave us homework. I loved it. It was one less class I had to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment